Public API Change
- Support dynamically changing
stats_dump_period_secoption via SetDBOptions().
- Added ReadOptions::max_skippable_internal_keys to set a threshold to fail a request as incomplete when too many keys are being skipped while using iterators.
- DB::Get in place of std::string accepts PinnableSlice, which avoids the extra memcpy of value to std::string in most of cases.
- PinnableSlice releases the pinned resources that contain the value when it is destructed or when ::Reset() is called on it.
- The old API that accepts std::string, although discouraged, is still supported.
- Replace Options::use_direct_writes with Options::use_direct_io_for_flush_and_compaction. See Direct IO wiki for details.
- Memtable flush can be avoided during checkpoint creation if total log file size is smaller than a threshold specified by the user.
- Introduce level-based L0->L0 compactions to reduce file count, so write delays are incurred less often.
- (Experimental) Partitioning filters which creates an index on the partitions. The feature can be enabled by setting partition_filters when using kFullFilter. Currently the feature also requires two-level indexing to be enabled. Number of partitions is the same as the number of partitions for indexes, which is controlled by metadata_block_size.
- DB::ResetStats() to reset internal stats.
- Added CompactionEventListener and EventListener::OnFlushBegin interfaces.
- Added DB::CreateColumnFamilie() and DB::DropColumnFamilies() to bulk create/drop column families.
- Facility for cross-building RocksJava using Docker.
- Fix WriteBatchWithIndex address use after scope error.
- Fix WritableFile buffer size in direct IO.
- Add prefetch to PosixRandomAccessFile in buffered io.
- Fix PinnableSlice access invalid address when row cache is enabled.
- Fix huge fallocate calls fail and make XFS unhappy.
- Fix memory alignment with logical sector size.
- Fix alignment in ReadaheadRandomAccessFile.
- Fix bias with read amplification stats (READ_AMP_ESTIMATE_USEFUL_BYTES and READ_AMP_TOTAL_READ_BYTES).
- Fix a manual / auto compaction data race.
- Fix CentOS 5 cross-building of RocksJava.
- Build and link with ZStd when creating the static RocksJava build.
- Fix snprintf’s usage to be cross-platform.
- Fix build errors with blob DB.
- Fix readamp test type inconsistency.