Public API Change
- Users of
Statistics::getHistogramString() will see fewer histogram buckets and different bucket endpoints.
Slice::compare and BytewiseComparator
Compare no longer accept
Slices containing nullptr.
Transaction::GetForUpdate variants with
- Add Iterator::Refresh(), which allows users to update the iterator state so that they can avoid some initialization costs of recreating iterators.
- Replace dynamic_cast<> (except unit test) so people can choose to build with RTTI off. With make, release mode is by default built with -fno-rtti and debug mode is built without it. Users can override it by setting USE_RTTI=0 or 1.
- Universal compactions including the bottom level can be executed in a dedicated thread pool. This alleviates head-of-line blocking in the compaction queue, which cause write stalling, particularly in multi-instance use cases. Users can enable this feature via
Env::SetBackgroundThreads(N, Env::Priority::BOTTOM), where
N > 0.
- Allow merge operator to be called even with a single merge operand during compactions, by appropriately overriding
DB::VerifyChecksum(), which verifies the checksums in all SST files in a running DB.
- Block-based table support for disabling checksums by setting
BlockBasedTableOptions::checksum = kNoChecksum.
- Fix wrong latencies in
- Fix incorrect dropping of deletions during intra-L0 compaction.
- Fix transient reappearance of keys covered by range deletions when memtable prefix bloom filter is enabled.
- Fix potentially wrong file smallest key when range deletions separated by snapshot are written together.